Thursday, April 9, 2009

Jeannette Brooks

Yesterday my dear sweet grandma was laid to rest as friends and family celebrated the life of love that she lived in her 86 years. My mom was out in AZ helping with Grandma because she was sick and had been in and out of the hospital. She went in on March 24th for another surgery- an emergency one that was not planned. The docters said she may not make it out of the surgery because she was so weak, but she knew the risks and agreed to have it. She said her goodbyes in case she did not wake up and prepared herself for physical death. She did come through the surgery, but with new information that she had a rare kind of cancer that was affecting her liver and that she had days to a week to live. Every one of my eleven Aunts and Uncles flew out to Arizona when they heard to join my mother and to take turns being with her so she was never alone. She was brought home and still everyone took turns so that she was never by herself in her room. My mom would tell me of all my Grandma's many friends who came to visit, baked dinners for everyone, and helped out as much as they could. Some even flew in from other states. When Grandma finally took her last breath on the 4th she was in the presence of all of her children and husband singing and praying as she went to be with our glorious Lord, Jesus Christ. I cannot imagine a better way to leave this world. One can tell a lot about a persons life at their death. May I be the kind of mother who's children immediately fly out to wherever I am to see me off with love when I die. May I be the kind of friend whose love and frendship is so strong that my friends surround me as Im leaving this world and help care for my family. May I be the kind of wife whose husband cries at the thought of living alone after so many years of marraige, and may I be the kind of person my Grandma was, to die with dignity and peace, fully prepared to meet my maker and Lord. May I be as selfless, tender, full of grace, full of love, and dignified as my Grandma was. I will miss you Grandma, but I will see you again one day- I love you. "Our heavenly father understands suffering at its deepest level. He knows how to comfort you. All you have to do is ask."

No comments: